Solar PV Surveyor Vacancy
In our position as Lincolnshire’s leading solar PV company we are seeking to strengthen our foothold in the Domestic and Commercial Solar PV market space. We have a well-deserved reputation for quality and a customer focused service and we are looking for an exceptional individual to fit in with our prefessional environmentally-conscious team.
Ideally you will have experience within sales and the solar pv industry as a surveyor. You must also have a technical knowledge of completing full site surveys which would include working out the customers SAP calculations, cable runs, soft survey, financial return overview, roof measurement & design, and carry out a detailed customer presentation. Candidates demonstrating robust relevant experience and strong relevant skills from other industries will also be considered. A working knowledge of commercial tender processes and submitting responses would be a benefit.
We are looking for you to have excellent communication skills, a professional approach in all aspects of work, a technical background and an electrical understanding so you are able to speak with customers confidently.
This is a permanent paid position with a starting annual salary of £22,500. On target earning (OTE) of approx. £28K+, + Company Car, +Laptop, + mobile phone, + expenses
If you are looking for an exciting challenge and you want to grow your career with our successful company please forward your CV immediately.
We thank all applicants who respond, but only those short listed will be contacted.
Role Key Accountabilities:
- Reporting to the Technical Director
- Must have a passion for outstanding customer service and excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Complete accurate technical surveys for PV Installations
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ensure all surveys are accurate and are of high quality and completed within required time lines
- Ability to read schematic wiring diagrams and have a basic understanding of electricity
- Candidate must be honest, trustworthy and professional at all times.
- Accountable for the completion of standard or non-standard tasks within own area
- Acts as part of a team to deliver activities which support operational objectives
- Manages a variety of tasks and is able to plan accordingly within the short-term
- Makes decisions within parameters set by manager, using job/specialist experience
- Maybe subject to regular local supervision of progress against results and escalates issues when required
- Interacts with stakeholders around specific work efforts and deliverables
- Supports delivery of Health and Safety policy and standards
- Supervises the activities of others to meet deadlines and quality standards taking account of impact outside area of responsibility
- Supports the identification of ways to reduce cost
- Has awareness of cost/benefit as applicable to tasks performed
- May work within a given budget
Essential Knowledge & Applied Skills
- Knowledge of Solar PV Installations
- Demonstrable knowledge and adherence to H&S
- Hold a Full UK Driving Licence
- Confident and able to work at heights
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Demonstrable experience of a customer facing role
- Highly self-motivated
- Ability to work as part of a team
This role requires to have access to data relating to vulnerable adults and children, therefore all successful candidates will be required to undergo a security check, including an Enhanced Disclosure check. Your appointment will only be confirmed if the check is clear or any previous criminal history does not pose a risk to our vulnerable client group.
Job Level Overview The Job Holder is subject to general work instructions and direct supervision of progress and results. He/She works within standardised work practices and procedures. The Job Holder is likely to have a vocational qualification and be able to demonstrate procedural/systematic proficiency that may involve competence in the use of specialised equipment.
|Location||Lincoln and field based across East Midlands|
|Salary||£22.5k + Discretionary Annual Bonus + car & benefits|
|Reference||Solar PV Surveyor|
|Date Advertised||18 Jun 2013|